Houston Family Law Enforcement Attorney

Once a divorce is completed, parties are bound by judgments to adhere to the decisions ordered by the court. Unfortunately, all too often, one party will not adhere to a judgment. It is important to realize that when he or she does this, he or she is in contempt of court.Whether you are being accused of violating an order or your ex-spouse is not living up to his or her obligations, we at the Law Office of Dan Kirby can help. An experienced litigator with more than 30 years of family law experience, founding lawyer Dan Kirby is well-versed in enforcement actions and protecting the rights and interests of his clients.

We can protect your rights in enforcement disputes. Call us at 713-681-1300 to schedule a consultation with Dan Kirby.

Ready To Fight For You

It is possible to enforce the court order by invoking the power of contempt when a spouse refuses to:

  • Meet his or her child support obligations
  • Allow the other parent visitation with the child
  • Make ordered spousal maintenance payments

A judge can order a person to pay a fine or even send him or her to jail. A court can also clarify an order. Depending on circumstances, a party can use several forms to enforce an order, including arrears and garnishment (of wages).

If someone is violating a court order and you seek to pursue enforcement action, it is important to have an experienced law firm dedicated to your interests and well-being. We are ready to bring our experience to work on any enforcement issue. We will work quickly to gather evidence and prepare the necessary court filings to protect your legal rights and best interests.

Contact Our Law Firm Today To Find Out How We Can Help

Our family law attorney and team will work diligently to resolve your situation and have all orders enforced. We encourage you to get in touch as soon as possible. To schedule an initial consultation with our Houston enforcement lawyer, call 713-681-1300 or contact us online.